History’s Women is committed to protecting your privacy and ensure that you have a positive experience with our products and services, including the History’s Women website and email notifications.
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
Collection of your Personal Data:
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with the History’s Women and/or sign up for newsletters:
- Email address
The security of your personal information is important to us. History’s Women is a secure website and encrypts any data received using SSL.
How we use your information:
We use your information in order to provide you with the Service under our agreement with you and where we have a legitimate interest in doing so to optimize the Service we offer and to let you know about our other products, services and promotions.
By providing us with your email address, you acknowledge we may use the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also acknowledge that we may send you notifications of activity on the Service to the email address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
Following termination or deletion of your member account, your personal information is deleted from our records.
How we use your information:
Personal Information. We will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties. We are bound to safeguard your Personal Information. We may store Personal Information in locations outside of our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers) on the basis of an agreement to safeguard your information.
(a) conform to the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities;
(b) to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and,
(c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of History’s Women our Users or others.
Data Transfers outside the EEA:
If you are resident in the European Union, please note that as we are located in the United States, when you provide us with your Personal Information we will process it in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as the United States, which may not provide the same level of data protection as in your jurisdiction. This is necessary in order to perform our services. Regardless of where your Personal Information is located, we will adopt measures to protect your Personal Information.
Compromise of Personal Information:
Choices about Your Information:
- Decline to Submit Information. You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through the Service, in which case History’s Women may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- Unsubscribe from emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter.
EEA Residents. If you are located in the EEA, or if otherwise required by applicable law, you also have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Inspection and access: you can request from us a summary and a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you;
- Correction/addition/removal: where you believe your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request us to correct, amend or delete it;
- Portability: you may request that we send you any Personal Information that you have provided to us or ask that we send this information to a third party;
- Objection: you may object to us using your Personal Information where we use it based on our legitimate interests to do so;
- Restriction of Processing: you may request that we restrict the processing of your information where you believe it is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, you believe we no longer need the information or if you have objected to our use of it; and,
- Automated Decision Making: where we undertake automated decision making (including profiling), which significantly affects you, you are entitled to object to such decision-making.
Right to file a complaint:
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for data protection in your jurisdiction.
Links to other Websites: